Pipelines And Utility Lines
If a condemning entity is taking your land for a pipeline or utility line, you are entitled to full compensation as guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the state where your property is located.
Vassallo & Salazar, P.C. has decades of experience representing landowners in utility and pipeline takings. We can help you in every step of the process and assure your rights are protected.
Know Your Rights as a Landowner
The “Texas Landowner’s Bill of Rights” outlines rights every landowner has if a condemning authority is attempting to take their property, including:
- Adequate compensation
- The taking can only be for public use
- Only the government or a legally authorized private entity may take your land
- You must receive written notification of the eminent domain proceeding and a written appraisal
- You must receive an offer to buy the property before it is condemned
- You may hire an appraiser to determine the value of your property
- You may hire an attorney to help negotiate on your behalf
- Before condemnation you will have a hearing before a court-appointed panel
- You have a right to a trial by judge or jury
Let Us Negotiate for You
The condemning entity may initially offer compensation for the land it specifically requires for its purposes, such as a strip of land for a roadway or pipeline, and nothing else. However, they may also be required to pay damages to your remaining property, and you may deserve more compensation than you expected.
At Vassallo & Salazar, P.C., our lawyers will protect your rights and help you get the compensation the Constitution guarantees.
Do Not Face Eminent Domain Alone
If you are facing eminent domain, let us protect your rights. We are in uptown Dallas, a few miles from downtown, and are ready to fight for you. You can call us at 800-231-3657 or 214-559-7200, or fill out our online form to schedule your initial consultation.