The Importance Of Protecting Landowner Rights
At Vassallo & Salazar, P.C., our mission is to protect the rights of landowners. We have never represented the government or any other entity engaged in taking land from property owners. We are landowner advocates, and we have more than 100 years of combined experience in getting positive outcomes for landowners like you.
As your advocates, we will make certain that we protect your rights. We will take the time to inform you of your rights and protect those rights.
The “Texas Landowner’s Bill of Rights” outlines rights every landowner has if a condemning authority is attempting to take your property:
- Adequate compensation
- The taking can only be for public use
- Only the government or a legally authorized private entity may take your land
- You must receive written notification of the eminent domain proceeding and a written appraisal
- You must receive an offer to buy the property before it is condemned
- You may hire an appraiser to determine the value of your property
- You may hire an attorney to help negotiate on your behalf
- Before condemnation you will have a hearing before a court-appointed panel
- You have a right to a trial by judge or jury
Just because a condemning entity is taking your land, do not assume it will respect your rights as a landowner. Every day, condemning entities engaged in condemnation proceedings make offers that fall far short of what property owners deserve. The government and other entities with eminent domain authority frequently undervalue property. Their initial assessment may be incomplete, and their offer may not reflect what you are entitled to under the Constitution. An experienced eminent domain attorney will help protect your interests during the condemnation process.
An Advocate to Protect Your Rights
Our Dallas based attorneys have more than 100 years of combined experience representing property owners. Using our experience and depth of knowledge we will evaluate and pursue your right to full compensation. Our team will work to achieve the best result as quickly and as cost-effectively as possible.
We provide initial case evaluations at Vassallo & Salazar, P.C., during which you will have the opportunity to ask us questions and find out how our attorneys can help you. If you choose Vassallo & Salazar, P.C., to handle your case, we can represent you on a contingent-fee basis. We can also work for you on retainer. For more information, call us at 800-231-3657 or 214-559-7200, or fill out our online form.